If you’ve been hanging around here for a while, and you’ve been to one of our Wellness Wednesdays (or any Live in our online community for that matter), you will recall that I often encourage you to “Get Outside & Move Something!” It sounds cheesy, I know, but honestly it’s such a simple, daily habit that has amazing benefits to our health and emotional well being.
Everyone needs at least 20 minutes a day of sun exposure to produce Vitamin D: “the sunshine vitamin”. When our skin is exposed to sunlight, it makes Vitamin D from cholesterol. The sun’s ultraviolet B (UVB) rays hit cholesterol in the skin cells, providing the energy for Vitamin D synthesis to occur. Vitamin D is technically a hormone and is also known as calcitriol, ergocalciferol, calcidiol and cholecalciferol. Calcidiol is the form doctors most commonly focus on when measuring Vitamin D levels in the blood. However, when it comes to supplements and fortifying foods, you will see Vitamin D as a fat-soluble vitamin.
Vitamin D regulates the absorption of calcium and phosphorus and it is essential for maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It also plays many other important roles in the body, including regulating inflammation and immune function. The majority of people can get their daily Vitamin D intake from sunlight exposure. However, there are many people that cannot solely rely on sunlight exposure for vitamin D production. For example, during the winter months, when the sun is not as strong, anyone can be at risk for not getting enough sunlight to produce their own Vitamin D. So enter supplements and fortified foods…
Few foods naturally contain Vitamin D. Some examples:
- fatty fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and tuna
- egg yolks
- beef liver
If you read labels, you will see that many foods on the shelf are “fortified with Vitamin D”:
- orange juice
- dairy and plant milks
And of course, you will find a vast variety of labels that offer you the BEST Vitamin D supplement you’ve ever had .
The thing is, if you eat a variety of foods, fresh, whole foods, and you take a 20 minute spin around the block, you will most likely get your daily dose of Vitamin D without having to supplement. If you still find yourself needing to supplement to get “the sunshine vitamin”, consider these doTERRA supplements: Microplex VMZ, xEO Mega, Bone Nutrient Essential Complex, and a2z Chewable Tablets.
doTERRA Microplex VMz Food Nutrient Complex is a food nutrient formula of bioavailable vitamins and minerals that are often deficient in our modern diets. Many vitamins and minerals on the market are isolated from natural sources or chemically synthesized making it difficult for the body to absorb and retain them. Not only does one serving of this supplement provide you 20 mg Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol), but it also:
– Provides 22 essential vitamins and minerals to support normal growth, function, and maintenance of cells
– Fights free radicals with the antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E
– Supports healthy metabolism and cellular energy
– Supports bone health with calcium, magnesium, and zinc
– And so much more!
And another bonus (which I absolutely love!) is that there is a vegan formulation too!
CLICK HERE to get the full breakdown of MICROPLEX VMZ.
dōTERRA xEO Mega Essential Oil Omega Complex is a unique formula of CPTG Certified Pure Tested Grade™ essential oils and a proprietary blend of marine- and plant-sourced omega fatty acids. Omega fatty acids help support joint, cardiovascular, and brain health, and support healthy immune function. One serving of xEO Mega provides 20 mcg of natural vitamin D. This powerhouse supplement also has a long list of benefits:
Promotes heart and circulatory health
– Supports healthy joint function and comfort
– Provides immune-boosting nutrients
– Protects against lipid oxidation and supports healthy function of the brain, eyes and nervous system
– Promotes healthy skin
– Delivers 900 mg of pure, concentrated, molecularly filtered fish oil with 300 mg of EPA and 300 mg of DHA per daily serving, and 65 mg of other omega-3s
– Provides a wide range of omega-3 fatty acids including EPA, DHA, ALA, and SDA from marine and plant sources to help maintain a healthy balance of these vital nutrients
And the list goes on!
This supplement was designed to work in synergy with Microplex VMZ and Alpha CRS.
CLICK HERE to get the full break down of XEO MEGA.
BONE NUTRIENT ESSENTIAL COMPLEX
doTERRA Women Bone Nutrient Essential Complex is a blend of vitamins and minerals that are essential for bone health in women beginning in adolescence and continuing through menopause. Bone Nutrient Essential Complex is formulated with bioavailable forms of natural nutrients that include vitamins C and D, plus calcium, magnesium, and other trace minerals that support healthy bone density as a woman ages. This supplement contains 20 mcg of Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol and cholecalciferol). Although the label says “WOMEN” it is a wonderful supplement for EVERYONE! Highlight of some of the benefits:
– Provides optimal levels of vitamins and minerals essential for developing and maintaining healthy bone mass and density
– Provides an excellent source of calcium and magnesium
– Supports healthy bones and overall health throughout a woman’s lifetime
– Proprietary formula of the highest quality bone nutrients in bioavailable forms
– Contains vitamin D2 and D3 to help bones absorb calcium
– Made with sodium lauryl sulfate-free HPMC vegetable capsules
A2Z CHEWABLE TABLETS
doTERRA a2z Chewable is a proprietary formula of ingredients developed with children and adults who have difficulty swallowing capsules in mind. Combining a blend of B vitamins with a blend of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as botanical extracts, doTERRA a2z Chewable supports healthy cell development and longevity when taken daily. doTERRA a2z Chewable is formulated to be used with doTERRA Wild Orange–flavored IQ Mega® Omega-3 fish oil as a comprehensive dietary supplement that supports healthy immunity and cognitive function as well as antioxidant protection. Each serving of 2 tablets contains 10 mcg Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol). I love that it doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors. Formulated after Alpha CRS+, this supplement has its own long list of benefits:
– Cognitive Blend: Choline, Phosphatidylserine, Inositol
– Contains a superfood blend that helps support overall health and wellness
– A balanced blend of essential vitamins including the antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E, and a cellular energy complex of B vitamins
– Includes a blend of bioavailable minerals including calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, and manganes
When you’re looking to supplement your nutritional needs, lean into doTERRA. doTERRA offers the highest quality of essential oils and supplements. When you want essential oils that are safe and effective, the most important thing to look for is purity. Pure essential oils allow you to reap the full benefits that nature has to offer. They can support you, empower you, and revive you. And when using only the purest essential oils, you can be confident that they are safe to use with your family. The same applies to doTERRA supplements. They are natural and designed to be bioavailable – meaning the nutrients are easily digested and absorbed. Unlike other supplements that contain fillers or synthetic ingredients.
If you would like to discuss your supplement options further, I welcome the opportunity to chat with you! You can schedule a FREE WELLNESS CONSULT HERE.
And if you found this article valuable, please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Now…Get Out & Move Something!!!